UMA OPINIÃO BAMBA!

UMA OPINIÃO BAMBA!

Textos Interessantes e Curiosidades, Humor, Seinfeld, Política, Economia, Negócios, SPFC, Esportes, próprios ou não, mas sempre dando o devido crédito. Ou não?

quinta-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2011

SEINFELD "The Best Sitcom Ever" Series - "The Chinese Woman" SEINFACT


Upon hearing that his parents are divorcing, George turns on the oven and puts his head inside. An alternate version in which he reacts by pouring a bottle of water over his head was also considered.


You're Donna Chang?



Plot

Jerry and Elaine see George's father, Frank Costanza, with a man in a cape (Larry David), but don't say hello. Jerry talks to a woman, Donna Chang (played by Angela Dohrmann), on George's phone line after the wires get crossed and he gets a date with her, thinking she's Chinese because of her surname. Kramer goes to a fertility clinic. Elaine ruins her friend Noreen's latest romance with a "long talker." George's life is made miserable when the man in the cape is revealed to be Frank's lawyer and his parents are separating. Kramer discovers he has a low sperm count and must stop wearing jockey shorts. Boxer shorts make him feel uncomfortable, so he decides to go commando. Later, Jerry meets Donna, who is not Chinese, but actually shortened her last name Changstein to Chang while taking on Chinese stereotypes, such as displaying interest in acupunctureor on one occasion pronouncing a word with a Chinese accent.
Donna talks over the phone to George's mother, Estelle, convincing her not to divorce (by citing Confucius). When George introduces Donna to his parents, Estelle realizes she is not Chinese and doesn't acknowledge her advice, deciding to proceed with the divorce.
At the end of the episode, Noreen is standing on the edge of the Queensboro Bridgeconsidering jumping off when Frank Costanza's caped lawyer appears. She asks "Who are you?" to which he responds "I'm Frank Costanza's lawyer". He then leads her slowly and safely off the bridge.

  


Superman reference

  • Jerry: You can't cast aspersions on someone just because they're wearing a cape. Superman wore a cape! And I'll be damned if I'm gonna stand here and let you say something bad about him.



  • Quotes


    • Kramer(unhappy with boxer shorts) There's nothing holding me in place. I'm flipping, I'm flopping. 
    • Jerry(about George) It's a shame his parents didn't get divorced thirty years ago. He could've been normal. 
    • Jerry(to a polite smoker) No, go ahead. I second-hand smoke two packs a day.
    • George(leaving a message on Jerry's answering machine) Hey, it's George. I got nothing to say. 
    • George(referring to divorce) All right, let me just say one thing. There is no way this is gonna happen, you hear me? No way! Because if you think I'm going to two Thanksgivings, you're out of your mind! 
    • Estelle: You're not Chinese?! Donna Chang: No. Estelle: I thought you were Chinese! Donna Chang: I'm from Long Island. Estelle: Long Island?! I thought I was getting advice from a Chinese woman?! Donna Chang: I'm sorry. Estelle: Well, then…that changes everything! George: What?! Estelle: She's not Chinese, I was duped! George: So what?! She still gave you great advice! What's the difference if she's not Chinese?! Estelle: I'm not taking advice from some girl from Long Island!George: Wait a minute, you're-now you're getting a divorce because she's from Long Island?! Frank: You want a divorce?! You got one! 
    •   Donna Chang (played by Angela Dohrmann)
    • Jerry: Well, it looks like you've adjusted to the boxers. Kramer: Well, I wouldn't go as far as that. Jerry: You went back to the Jockeys? Kramer: Wrong again. Jerry:(realizing that Kramer is not wearing underwear) Oh, no. Elaine: What? What? Jerry: Don't you see what's goin' on here? No boxers, no Jockeys… (Elaine backs away from Kramer, disgusted) Jerry: The only thing between him and us is a thin layer of gabardine…Kramer, say it isn't so. Kramer: Oh, it be so. (Jerry turns his head in disgust) Kramer: I'm out there, Jerry, and I'm lovin' every minute of it. 
    • Kramer: You ever get a woman pregnant? Jerry: I'm sorry, Kramer, those records are permanently sealed.
    • George: I don't trust men in capes. Jerry: You can't cast aspersions on someone just because they're wearing a cape. Superman wore a cape, and I'll be damned if I'm going to stand here and let you say something bad about him. George: Alright, Superman's the exception. 
    • Kramer: Yeah, I need the secure packaging of Jockeys. (cupping hand gesture) My boys need a house.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário